Here are 5 tips to help you get the bright, clean and perfectly organized look of the Stylebook co-founders' office!
- Mirror - Add a mirror to reflect natural light from the window. In a pinch, you can use it to freshen up before a meeting or after-work drinks.
- Lamps - Use desk and floor lamps instead of unflattering fluorescent ceiling lights.
- Rug - Most office buildings have ugly carpet, so cover it up with a good-looking rug.
- Upholstered Chair - You can never go wrong with adding an upholstered chair for reading. Reviewing papers doesn't seem so bad if you're comfortable while you're doing it!
- Lunch/Work Table - If you have the space, add a small table where you can spread out your lunch or review paperwork
- Chargers - Buy a set of computer and phone chargers that live in the office. This way, you’ll never be caught without them. Use wire clips to run the computer charger cords neatly along the desk and wall so you don’t trip on them.
- Art - Buy art that reflects your personality and business. We chose a large print of Christian Dior from Art.com
- Gallery Wall - Create a gallery wall by framing several small photos and sketches
- Monogram - We bought Stylebook’s initials in metal from Land of Nod
- Company Photos - Include product images on your gallery wall.
- Press - Display your press or awards by hanging picture ledges on the wall
- Flowers - Fresh flowers make the office inviting. You can buy inexpensive bouquets from Whole Foods, Trader Joe’s, or the corner deli if you’re in NYC.
- Office Supplies - Though the office it mostly monochromatic, we like to buy fun, brightly-colored supplies.
- Boxes - Buy storage containers in one color to reduce visual clutter in the office. We like paper boxes from Ikea and Container Store because they're inexpensive and come in a wide variety of sizes.
- Trays - Use pretty trays to corral small items on your desk and to hold what you’re currently working on.
- Ugly Stuff - Put large, ugly items like the shredder in the closet. If you don’t have a closet, consider adding a credenza or stand-alone wardrobe.
- Flat File - A cabinet with small drawers is perfect for organizing supplies by category. We have drawers for iPhone and iPad cords, notebooks, pens, printer paper, etc.
NOTE: Posts in the Style Guides series include affiliate links to some of the products discussed.
The closet organization app for the iPhone and iPad